Acceptance to the Visual Arts major requires a successful portfolio review by the Department of Art. Portfolio submission is optional for Art Education (K-12) major, but please note that education majors must also meet the documentation requirements listed under the Education section, below. Contact the Department at 609.771.2652 for more details.
The NJ Department of Education requires all students entering teacher preparation programs to present documentation demonstrating one of the following: 1) Score a 610 on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section (or a 30 on the Reading section) AND score a 570 on the Math section of the SAT (can be “super-scored” between multiple tests); 2) ACT Math and ACT English section scores of 23 or higher; or 3) passing scores on the Praxis Core basic skills exams for reading, writing, and math. Students must present this information before formally beginning their education field experiences (typically begun during the junior year).
The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) is a New Jersey Program that provides access to higher education for students who are academically and financially eligible. At The College of New Jersey, students who meet the following criteria will be eligible for consideration:
- The student’s gross family income is within the EOF Program Eligibility guidelines as defined by the State of New Jersey’s Commissions of Higher Education. You may confirm your income eligibility by clicking on the following link: www.state.nj.us/highereducation/EOF/EOF_Eligibilty.shtml
- Student has been a resident of the State of NJ for at least the past 12 months
- Student is considered a first-generation college student.
- Student comes from an educationally and economically-disadvantage background.
When completing the Common Application or the Coalition Application, student must indicate their interest in applying for EOF.
Student must submit parents’ 2020 and 2021 Federal Tax Returns and Household Verification Form.
- If student’s parents do not file taxes, please contact Noemi Martinez via phone or email at (609) 771-3467 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction.
- Students who indicate interest in the EOF Program will be emailed a Household Verification form upon receipt of their completed application.
Student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have it sent to TCNJ by February 1st
- Students can complete the FAFSA as early as October 1st, 2022
- It is strongly recommended that students submit the FAFSA as early as possible for priority EOF consideration.
Music majors will be required to audition in person with the Department of Music. All applicants are encouraged to audition as early as possible. The Common Application Arts supplement is NOT required of music applicants. Education majors must also meet the documentation requirements listed under the Education section, above. For more information, please contact Tanisha Wells.