The TCNJ Office of Undergraduate Admissions prides itself on assisting students in every aspect of their college search process… one of the many reasons why The College of New Jersey has a 95% first-year retention rate, highest in the nation for a regional institution (public or private).
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at The College of New Jersey—with the support of the campus community and in accordance with the mission, vision, goals and ethical framework of the institution—seeks to attract and enroll a full class of students who will uphold and advance the exceptional quality of TCNJ. These students should demonstrate academic excellence, intellectual curiosity, a desire to be challenged by rigorous coursework and collaborative research, and the potential for further academic success within The College’s educational model. They should be actively engaged outside the classroom, embracing the qualities of leadership, service, creativity, citizenship, and scholarship in their extracurricular pursuits. These students should be agents of change by embracing diversity and committing themselves to improving the lives of those around them. Combining a sense of pride and purpose, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions seeks those students whose experience at The College of New Jersey will be mutually beneficial to both themselves and the institution.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admissions seeks to treat students, parents and other external audiences with honesty and transparency, presenting an accurate portrayal of The College’s application processes. Students will understand the value TCNJ places on academic excellence, leadership, civic responsibility and diversity.
- Respecting the fact that students will discover a great deal about themselves and their expectations during the college search process, The Office of Undergraduate Admissions acknowledges that TCNJ is not the right “fit” for every student, while working diligently to ensure that every student leaves the TCNJ campus with a positive impression of the institution and its staff.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admissions demonstrates consistency and fairness in the application review process so that every application is given equitable treatment, while at the same time recognizing the unique educational/extracurricular opportunities and life experiences of all students.
- In turn, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions expects every student to reciprocate by taking ownership over the application process. Students are responsible for 1) completing and submitting the application, 2) fully disclosing all of the information necessary for its assessment, and 3) affirming the accuracy of said information before formally submitting the application.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admissions embraces differences and diversity of all types, including but not limited to: racial, ethnic, religious, geographic, socioeconomic, gender, and sexual orientation. Likewise, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions seeks students who will appreciate and contribute to the vast diverseness of the TCNJ campus through their talent, academic strengths, backgrounds, creeds, and personal experiences.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admissions offers the highest level of service and professionalism to students, their families, and other educational professionals, ensuring that all questions and concerns are addressed promptly and thoroughly. All types of interactions with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions should generate a stronger connection to the TCNJ campus community and instill confidence in a student’s decision to apply to and/or attend The College.
- The Office of Undergraduate Admissions respects the personalized nature of each student’s college search and appreciates the unique challenges and stresses they face at varying stages of the process.